Sometimes, or very often, you just want to eat less healthy meals during pregnancy. So I always feel very excited about pizza on the Friday night. Especially when I am watching The Voice of Holland and the Domino's pizzas are flying around my ears. But I never order a pizza. Because such a delicious pizza from the pizzeria quickly contains 1400 kilocalories. 1400 kilocalories! And then you have kept it reasonably within the limits in terms of toppings. Fortunately, there are better variants, the supermarket pizzas are already less bad (around 900).
But the best thing is: make your own pizza. Difficult? Not at all, certainly not if you follow this recipe!
Can you eat pizza during pregnancy? The answer to this question is a resounding yes! Especially with this delicious and healthy pizza recipe!
Healthy pizza that your children will enjoy
The pizza I will introduce you today is super tasty, but also super good for your children. If you are still looking for ways to get more vegetables with your children, then this pizza is really the solution. The bottom is made of cauliflower. Do not you like cauliflower? No problem: my husband does not like cauliflower, but he pushes this pizza bottom with all his love. Only at the first bite do you think: 'Do I taste cauliflower?' But with the next bites you do not taste anything and it is just very tasty. Please believe me!
Enough choice to invest
Do you miss your daily serving of ham, serano ham or smoked fish? Throw it on a pizza! Yes, you hear it right! If you put these ingredients on a pizza, you can eat them during your pregnancy. That is because it goes into the oven and all the harmful bacteria with a bunch fall dead at the same time because they can not withstand the heat of the oven. I loved it when I realized that. So my first pizzas were with serano ham and smoked salmon. In this recipe I show the version with smoked salmon.
For pregnant women, the pizza is therefore extra healthy, because you immediately get your portion omega-3 from fish fatty acids. I say win-win!
Recipe healthy salmon pizza during pregnancy
To make it super easy, I have photographed all the steps I have taken. This way you immediately know what the packaging of the cauliflower soil looks like. Because you do not have to make that yourself. It is possible, but that is a terrible job and the pizza is secretly less tasty. That's why I was very happy that Magioni decided to make pizza crusts from cauliflower. In addition, they also have pizza bases of pumpkin, beetroot and zucchini.
- Magioni cauliflower pizza base (see photo 1). This is available from the larger AHs
- Frito Tomato
- Fresh Italian herbs
- Tray of smoked salmon flakes or cubes (about 100-125 grams)
- Dill (does not have to be fresh)
- Cream cheese light
- Optional: extra vegetables. I had 1 onion, mushrooms and a green pepper
- Optional: 30+ grated cheese
- Heat your oven to 220 degrees
- Spread the bottom with the Frito Tomato so that the bottom is covered with a thin layer.
- Then pick a few sprigs / leaves from the fresh Italian herbs of each herb variety and cut it very finely. Then sprinkle it on the bottom. Also divide some pepper.
- Spread the salmon cubes or chunks over the bottom and add some dill. See photo 3. You can also choose another topping such as smoked chicken, serano ham or just vegetables.
- Optional: extra vegetables (so extra healthy). Bake in 1 tbsp olive oil 1 onion, green pepper and some mushrooms in a few minutes and spread on the pizza.
- Divide some 'tufts' of cream cheese lightly over the pizza. See photo 4.
- Optional: you can throw some 30+ grated cheese over it, but that is basically not necessary, the pizza is so tasty enough!
- Slide the pizza into the oven for 10 - 12 minutes.
Do you share your healthy pizza moment with us? Enjoy your meal!