A popular rocking chair for young babies is the baby bouncer. Only the name sounds very cute and cozy. The baby bouncer experience of many a parent is that it is a nice and fun chair, but please note: there are small risks to it. If you take this into account, almost nothing can happen and your baby can also 'bounce' in the bouncer.
What is a baby bouncer?
A baby bouncer is a kind of jumping seat or glorified rocking chair that you can hang with a clamp in almost every doorpost or on the ceiling. You do not need screws, so the drill can be omitted. This also means no ugly holes in your doorpost. The rocking chair has a comfortable fabric seat in a security harness. It is connected to the clamp with an elastic band.
For what age is the bouncer?
The baby bouncer is suitable for babies who can keep their heads on their own, but can not walk yet. However, your baby can get off the ground with his or her toes. The bouncer can weigh up to 12 kilograms.
Is a baby bouncer dangerous?
In principle, the bouncer is not dangerous, but then there are a number of things that you should pay attention to:
- Make sure the springs are well protected so that the fingers do not intervene.
- Check, check and double check that the seat is properly suspended and secured.
- Hang it well in the middle of the door or your baby may bump into the doorpost.
- The bouncer is not to swing.
- Always stay with your baby when he or she is in the bouncer and do not let your baby sleep in it.
- 20 minutes a day in this crazy chair is more than enough.
- Make sure the cloves can touch the ground.
- Open the door well and secure it so that it can not fall.
- Your baby can get entangled in the ropes, so never leave it alone and store the bouncer when it is not in use.
Buy baby bouncer
Do you want your baby to be cheerfully feathered in this rocking chair? There are plenty of shops where you can buy the bouncer. But pay attention to the quality and always check if there is a clear manual. After all, you do not want anything to happen to your baby.
Check also whether your ceiling or door is in good condition and the doorpost has the right thickness. Furthermore, the seat must not be able to tilt and be adjustable in height. As soon as your baby has grown, you have to be able to raise the seat. Also make sure that the bouncer does not have tubes or holes that are between 5 and 12 millimeters.
Apart from all this, your child can have a lot of fun and is a good exercise for the development of the leg muscles. But of course safety always comes first!