Healthy eating does not have to be difficult, but can also be super simple. If you need to quickly put some food on the table or you do not feel like cooking (which is very likely during your pregnancy) then you can always make this easy but tasty dish: Slankie chicken with vegetables and potato.
The secret ingredient in this dish is the cheese sauce. Now this cheese sauce is not necessarily very healthy, but it is good: we can not always be healthy. The cheese sauce is at least delicious and ready within 1 minute. The entire dish less than half an hour. And as a bonus, this dish is less than 500 kilocalories!
Ingredients Slankie chicken recipe
For 2 people
- 400 grams of small potatoes
- 200 grams of string beans
- 200 grams of sprouts
- 100 grams of mushroom
- 1 red onion
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 200 grams of chicken
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1 tsp thyme
- 4 tables Slankie 20+ cheese spread
- 1 block of chicken broth
Preparation Simple and Slankie chicken
- Boil the potatoes in 20 minutes.
- Mix 1 tbsp olive oil with some rosemary, thyme and some pepper and spread the chicken breast.
- Fry the chicken fillet over medium heat in about 10-15 minutes.
- Clean the Brussels sprouts and green beans. Cut the string beans into pieces and halve the sprouts. Boil them in a layer of water with half a block of broth for about 5-8 minutes until they are al dente.
- Cut the mushrooms and the onion. Heat 0.5 tbsp olive oil in a large pan. Fry the mushrooms and the onion for 3 minutes. Add a layer of water, 0.5 chicken stock cube, rosemary and thyme and the green vegetables. Change this regularly until the water is dissolved.
Place the chicken breast, vegetables and potatoes on a plate. Take a bowl and scoop 4 tablespoons of Slankie cheese. Heat this for 30 seconds at 900 watts in the microwave. Stir well and heat for another 20-30 seconds. Spoon the sauce on the plate.
Enjoy your meal!