How many percent chance of getting pregnant?

The statistics and the percentage chance of becoming pregnant, the studies still contradict each other. When it comes to getting pregnant, a lot of research has been done. Although the results can give you an idea of ​​your chances of getting pregnant, they do not say anything about your personal situation. Do not let yourself be removed from the card by the following figures about getting pregnant.

Chance of getting pregnant by age

Figures show that age plays an important role in the chance of becoming pregnant and in particular a (healthy) pregnancy. Women of 40 years and older can very well become pregnant with healthy children. However, the chances of a healthy pregnancy at the age of 40 are significantly lower than at the age of 25. For example, a woman of 25 years of age has about 30-35% chance of getting pregnant to become per cycle. If she is 45 years old, that chance is only there 3-5% per cycle. That is a considerable reduction.

The reason for this is that the stock of egg cells slowly decreases. Because every month a piece or 20 start to mature, of which one (or two) is released. Since the total number of eggs at birth is already present in the body, the 'good' eggs have been around for a while before a woman stops menstruating.

Greater chance of abnormalities at birth

In addition to the fact that it is more difficult to get pregnant if you have passed the age of 35, the chance of abnormalities in the child is also greater. The chance of miscarriages and congenital abnormalities increases. The chance to have a baby with Down syndrome is only 1 in 476 at the age of 25, whereas 45 years of age is 1 in 21.
But as said before: these statistics and percentage opportunities only provide an image and are not necessarily applicable to your personal situation.

How many months does it take on average to become pregnant?

What might be nice to know, especially if you do not get pregnant right away: That 93% of the fertile couples who are trying to get a child, become pregnant within 1 year! The chance is pretty small that you just belong to the last 7%.

Below you can see a table in which you can see after how many months couples get pregnant. They assume 100 couples who want to become pregnant. After 6 months of trial you see, for example, that there are 33 couples left who are not yet pregnant.

If you still worry about your fertility then you could make an appointment with your doctor. You can then ask him if he would like to refer you to a gynecologist. He will probably only refer you if you have been trying to get pregnant for more than 12 months.

Leave Your Comment